What are Gospel Life Groups?
The goal of Gospel Life Groups is to bring the gospel into everyday life.
We want to be a people who demonstrate the gospel in every corner of our life, we aim to do this 1. by developing rich community together, and 2. by reaching out to serve neighbors who do not yet know Jesus.
1. Developing Community – In order to grow/establish a rich community together, each Gospel Life Group gathers together weekly in homes (or at our church Commons and Office) to build one another up through prayer, Scripture, and eating together. Each group is made up of between 12-20 people and has the feel of a large family or a mildly rowdy party. We take seriously our call to enjoy one another and grow in our love for each other and for God.
2. Reaching Out to Serve – Gospel Life Groups is one place we endeavor to put our faith into practice. We want King’s Cross to be a church in the world and for the world, rather than a church that’s against the world. So, at least once a month, each group meets outside our living rooms to serve, and “be the church” in our city. For now, we are seeking to love on neighbors at our local shelter, at an assisted-living home, and with youth in Defiance
Gospel Life Groups put the mission of the church (i.e., to make disciples of Jesus Christ) at the forefront of everything we do. And we believe Jesus gives that mission to every Christian. The job of leaders is not to do ministry for the church, but to equip the church for ministry (Ephesians 4:11-12). One of the goals of Gospel Life Groups is to equip every Christian to be a disciple-maker. In that sense, we are a “missional church.” The following video about the “missional church” explains our rationale behind Gospel Life Groups in a simple way.
Interested in Joining a Gospel Life Group?
We currently have four Gospel Life Groups. See the Gospel Life Group meeting times and locations below:
- Baus Group – Sundays at 6:30pm at the Commons and Office (521 W. 2nd St. Defiance, OH)
- Nofziger Group – Wednesdays 6:30pm at the Phil and Robin Nofziger’s house. (Use contact form below to obtain address.)
- Andres Defiance Group – 6:30pm at the church Commons and Office (521 W. 2nd St. Defiance, OH)
- Andres Archbold Group – 6:00pm at Dean and Jayne Andres’ house. (Use contact form below to obtain address.)