VIRTUAL COMMUNING IN A WORLD OF SOCIAL DISTANCING
Everywhere we turn there are reminders of COVID-19, so we need continual reminders of our Heavenly Father’s care and Jesus Sovereign reign over all things. This webpage is for keeping you updated with how King’s Cross Church will unswervingly be the church and fulfill our mission to make gospel-centered disciples who delight in Christ, declare His cross and display His love. The KCC pastors encourage you to follow the CDC’s restrictions and precautions to keep COVID-19 from spreading. Let’s practice physical distancing without being anti-social!
There will be updates to this page as we adjust the plan. If you’re having trouble with setting up technology to be a part of this, please contact Peter Rupp or Matt Parks and they will help you get set up.
NOTE: STARTING MAY 31, WE ARE PLANNING ON MEETING AT INDEPENDENCE DAM STATE PARK BUT WE STILL PLAN TO LIVESTREAM TO FACEBOOK LIVE.
IF THE WEATHER IS BAD WILL WILL MEET ON ZOOM, YOUTUBE, AND FACEBOOK AS BEFORE.
SUNDAY LIVE ONLINE WORSHIP GATHERING – 10:30AM
There are three options for tuning into the Sunday live online worship gathering.
1. Join via Zoom to see those leading and others watching. Zoom meetings are free to participate in and it’s easy to get the software on your phone or computer. This is preferable. It is a more relational route because you will be able to see others and those leading will be able to see you. We will keep everyone muted and keep the screen mostly on those leading. After the sermon, we will close down the main Zoom meeting and transition to separate Zoom meetings hosted by GLG leaders. Go to the Gospel Life Groups section of this page to click the link to join. After the service, everyone will be split up into Zoom breakout rooms to fellowship and pray together.
2. Join via YouTube Live. This route is much simpler, but you miss out on seeing others.
3. Join via Facebook Live. Just like YouTube Live, you will miss out on seeing others in the church like you would on Zoom. Also, the quality of Facebook Live may not be as good as YouTube.
Instructions for using Zoom:
- Watch this video on how to join a Zoom gathering with a laptop.
- Watch this video on how to join a Zoom gathering with a tablet or phone.
- Click this link to join a test zoom meeting. It will let you know if your camera and audio are working and will help you get used to Zoom.
If you would like personal assistance in getting Zoom set up on your laptop, tablet or phone before Sunday, please contact Peter Rupp and he will walk you through the steps you need to take.
Instructions for using YouTube Live:
- Click here to go to the King’s Cross Church YouTube channel.
- Click on the most recent video which will have the words “LIVE NOW” by it.
Instructions for using Facebook Live:
- Click here to go to the King’s Cross Church Facebook page.
- Click on the video toward the top that says “King’s Cross Church is live.”
Resources for Kids
Print off the Kid’s Sermon Notes PDF for your kids to use during the sermon.
GOSPEL LIFE GROUP RESOURCES
Gospel Life Groups are groups of 12-20 who bring the gospel into everyday life as the family of God on the mission of God.
Some GLGs are taking a break for the summer. Contact your GLG leader or the KCC office to find out if or when groups are meeting. Clicking one of the below links will connect you to a GLG Zoom Meeting.
CHURCH FAMILY VIDEO CHAT AND PRAYER – TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS @ NOON
This is a time for anyone in the KCC church family to check-in via video chat with a KCC pastor and one another. We will talk, read scripture, pray, and say to one another, “I see you and care about you, and so does the Lord.”
We’re using Zoom video chat. It’s free to participate and it’s easy to get the software on your phone or computer. Click this link to join the gathering at noon on weekdays! Anyone is welcome, whether KCC regular or not.
Discipleship Groups are small units of 3-4 people who come alongside one another to help others, and be helped, in growing in the Lord. DG’s are particularly important in these days while we’re holed up at home. We don’t have to be relationally isolated. DG’s will continue to meet via Zoom, phone call, or some other online video platform.
Prayerfully consider, “Who may be lonely?” and give them a call. Write hand-written notes and send them in the mail. Meet up with people outside at parks.
Consider starting a DG with someone who doesn’t know Christ personally. Read and discuss the Gospel of John or Mark over video chat.
NURTURE YOUR OWN FAITH, AND YOUR FAMILY
Since the founding of our church, the KCC leaders have been striving to equip you to feed your own soul, and to care for one another. You are prepared for this! Be careful to not neglect daily prayer and Scripture reading.
Parents, and especially fathers, this is a great time to step up and lead your family spiritually. The KCC website has a Kid’s Corner page to help equip you to lead in family worship and stay on track with the KCC King’s Kids schedule.
- The New City Catechism is for teaching the core doctrines of the faith with Q and A and fun songs.
- Long Story Short family devotional book is taking kids through the Old Testament. In the long run, you will not regret investing 10-15 minutes a day in the spiritual lives of your children.
- Fighter Verses is our church-wide scripture memory program. We’re currently on “Set 5.” Buy the phone app, or print out the bookmark for free.
- Print off the Kid’s Sermon Notes PDF for your kids to use during the sermon.
- Songs of Comfort for Anxious Souls – Find the playlist on Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon Music.