King’s Cross Church has received an early Christmas gift this year! Starting this Sunday, December 4, we are moving our Sunday worship gathering to 1945 E. Second St, Defiance, OH 43512. (That’s right across from Pack Rat’s Pawn Shop.) We will continue to gather here to worship Jesus Christ at 10:00 am each Sunday.
Over 9 years of weekly set-up and tear-down for worship is finally behind us! We are immensely grateful for the generosity of our new members joining from the merger with Second Baptist Church in bringing a building with them. They have come ready to serve and with remarkably positive attitudes with all the changes that are happening.
What Does the Future Hold?
This also means we have some renovations that may take up to a year (or more?) to be finished in a four-phase plan that we estimate will look something like this:
Building Project Phase 1 (this phase has begun)
- Second St East Wing: Waterproofing / 2nd story updates for nursery/classrooms / Basement Bathrooms Updates
- Florence Ave. Building: Roof Repair / Raise Ceiling in Multipurpose room/ spray foam ceiling / Paint Interior / Carpet
- During Phase 1 we will make necessary repairs on the Florence Ave building so we can move there for Sunday Worship during Phase 2.
Building Project Phase 2
- Worship Building: Full remodel of the auditorium
- Worship Building: Full remodel of bathrooms
- During this phase we will plan to gather on Sundays in the Florence Ave. Building. It won’t be perfect, but it will work as a temporary worship space.
Building Project Phase 3
- Second St East Wing: Remodel areas / New windows / Repair or replace basement radiators.
- Worship Building: Parking lot replacement / Handicapped Covered Drop Off South Entrance
- Florence Ave Building: Parking lot improvements and green space
Building Project Phase 4
- Second St East Wing: Handicap accessibility, A/C / Add Playground and picnic area outside
- Florence Ave. Building: Office remodel / kitchen / power wash and paint building
Every opportunity has its challenges. Funding and finishing these building renovations is the challenge that came with the opportunity to merge churches. But we are excited about what the future holds. We are excited to see how the Lord will provide through the generosity of His people. We are thankful to have a church building that we can make a home for living out our vision to seek first Christ and His kingdom, for the glory of God and the joy of all nations and generations.