Virtual Communing in a World of Social Distancing
Everywhere we turn there are reminders of COVID-19, so we need continual reminders of our Heavenly Father’s care and Jesus Sovereign reign over all things. This webpage is for keeping you updated with how King’s Cross Church will unswervingly be the church and fulfill our mission to make gospel-centered disciples who delight in Christ, declare His cross and display His love. The KCC pastors encourage you to follow the CDC’s restrictions and precautions to keep COVID-19 from spreading. Let’s practice physical distancing without being anti-social!
There will be updates to this page as we adjust the plan. If you’re having trouble with setting up technology to be a part of this, please contact Peter Rupp or Matt Parks and they will help you get set up.
WEEKLY VIRTUAL COMMUNING
Sunday Live Online Worship Gathering – 10:30am
There are two options for tuning into the Sunday live online worship gathering.
1. Join via Zoom to see those leading and others watching. Zoom meetings are free to participate in and it’s easy to get the software on your phone or computer. This is preferable. It is a more relational route because you will be able to see others and those leading will be able to see you. We will keep everyone muted and keep the screen mostly on those leading. After the sermon, we will close down the main Zoom meeting and transition to separate Zoom meetings hosted by GLG leaders. Go to the Gospel Life Groups section of this page to click the link to join.
2. Join via YouTube Live. This route is much simpler, but you miss out on seeing others. We will post the YouTube Live video to the KCC Facebook page later.
Instructions for using Zoom:
- Watch this video on how to join a Zoom gathering with a laptop.
- Watch this video on how to join a Zoom gathering with a tablet or phone.
- Click this link to join a test zoom meeting. It will let you know if your camera and audio are working and will help you get used to Zoom.
If you would like personal assistance in getting Zoom set up on your laptop, tablet or phone before Sunday, please contact Peter Rupp and he will walk you through the steps you need to take.
Instructions for using YouTube Live:
- Click here to go to the King’s Cross Church YouTube channel.
- Click on the most recent video which will have the words “LIVE NOW” by it.
The weekly Worship Guide provides the order of worship.
Here is what you can expect:
- 10:30am – Welcome, Church Family Updates, Call to Worship
- 10:40am – Worship through Song
- 11:00am – Sermon
- 11:30am – Congregational Prayer
- 11:35am – Giving Exhortation
- 11:45am – Zoom Gatherings
- Give Online, or send checks made out to “King’s Cross Church” to the KCC office care of the Church Treasurer, Chad Baus, 24657 Co. Rd. D, Archbold, OH 43502.
Gospel Life Groups
Gospel Life Groups are groups of 12-20 who bring the gospel into everyday life as the family of God on the mission of God. GLG’s will continue to meet via Zoom in two ways.
1. GLG’s will meet on Sundays after the sermon will meet in Zoom Breakout Rooms from the main Zoom session. So log into the Sunday online worship gathering via Zoom.
2. GLG will meet on your regular night via Zoom video meetings. Check-in with your Gospel Life Group leaders to see when you’re meeting online. Clicking one of the following links should connect you to your GLG Zoom Meeting.
Church Family Video Chat and Prayer – weekdays @ NOON
This is a daily time for anyone in the KCC church family to check-in via video chat with a KCC pastor and one another. We will talk, read scripture, pray, and say to one another, “I see you and care about you, and so does the Lord.”
We’re using Zoom video chat. It’s free to participate and it’s easy to get the software on your phone or computer. Click this link to join the gathering at noon on weekdays! Anyone is welcome, whether KCC regular or not.
Discipleship Groups are small units of 3-4 people who come alongside one another to help others, and be helped, in growing in the Lord. DG’s are particularly important in these days while we’re holed up at home. We don’t have to be relationally isolated. DG’s will continue to meet via Zoom, phone call, or some other online video platform.
Prayerfully consider, “Who may be lonely?” and give them a call. Write hand-written notes and send them in the mail. Meet up with people outside at parks.
Consider starting a DG with someone who doesn’t know Christ personally. Read and discuss the Gospel of John or Mark over video chat.
Nurture Your Own Faith, and Your Family
Since the founding of our church, the KCC leaders have been striving to equip you to feed your own soul, and to care for one another. You are prepared for this! Be careful to not neglect daily prayer and Scripture reading.
Parents, and especially fathers, this is a great time to step up and lead your family spiritually. The KCC website has a Kid’s Corner page to help equip you to lead in family worship and stay on track with the KCC King’s Kids schedule.
- The New City Catechism is for teaching the core doctrines of the faith with Q and A and fun songs.
- Long Story Short family devotional book is taking kids through the Old Testament. In the long run, you will not regret investing 10-15 minutes a day in the spiritual lives of your children.
- Fighter Verses is our church-wide scripture memory program. We’re currently on “Set 5.” Buy the phone app, or print out the bookmark for free.
- Print off the Kid’s Sermon Notes PDF for your kids to use during the sermon.
- Songs of Comfort for Anxious Souls – Find the playlist on Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon Music.