“By the mercies of God…” This phrase from last Sunday’s sermon is loaded with implications. It is because of God’s mercies that He has shown to undeserving sinners that we have salvation. We have been saved for God’s purposes, which includes giving our lives in service to God’s people. Living intentionally in Christian community is a habit that we must cultivate and only made possible through Jesus’ sacrifice. Jesus came to save a people and not just a person. We have been invited to live in community with one another. So let’s live in response to God’s mercies by showing mercy to one another.
Covenant Members’ Meeting
Sunday, September 25th
For nearly a year now, we have been prayerfully considering joining together with 2nd Baptist Church. The members of King’s Cross Church will be coming together on September 25th after the worship gathering to vote on whether or not to join with 2nd Baptist. A zoom option will be available (we will text it out beforehand). We will also have childcare and light snacks.
Christian & Stephanie Roth
Christian and Stephanie along with their four children have been working to plant New Song Church in Copenhagen for the last 3 years. They accomplish this through evangelism, discipleship, outreach and regular worship gatherings. Keep up to date by following the Facebook group, “Roths in Copenhagen”.
Christian is also the leader for TGC Nordic (The Gospel Coalition) working to develop fellowship and collaboration between spiritual leaders in the Nordic. Most recently hosting the TGC Nordic Conference. You can read more about this at tgcnordic.org
- Pray for the family as they are separated until early October with Christian in the US and Stephanie in Copenhagen with the kids.
- Pray as they seek the Lord with their next steps- what opportunities to accept, where to invest their time and where they may need to cut back.
- Pray as they continue to shape New Song’s liturgical and evangelism efforts.
- Pray for the strengthening of their marriage and the discipleship of their children.
- Pray they would continually surrender their days to the Lord, while dreaming big dreams and remaining faithful where he has placed them.
DGs are groups of 2-4 people of the same gender who meet regularly (usually weekly or bi-weekly) to either discover Christ or grow in Christ. We read the Scriptures and solid Bible-saturated books, pray, and share in the joys and struggles of following Jesus together. If you are interested in being a part of an informal DG, you can sign up online.
September 18th @ Family Christian Center, 6PM
A few times a year, Defiance area churches unite together for prayer and worship. The next Defiance United will be Sunday, September 18th @ Family Christian Center (1832 East Second Street Defiance, OH 43512) at 6pm.
CPC 36TH ANNUAL WALKATHON AND 5K COLOR RUN
September 17th @ MacDonald-Ruff Ice Arena (Bryan, OH)
CPC Women’s Health Resource is also hosting another fundraising event in September. You can sign up to run or walk in the Walkathon and 5K Color Run (as well as 1 mile Fun Run for kids) at the MacDonald-Ruff Ice Arena (601 Townline Rd., Bryan, OH) on Saturday, September 17th. The 5K Color Run registration begins at 8am and the Walkathon registration begins at 9am. You can get sponsors to donate money for your run, and there will be prizes for the individuals and teams that raise the most funds. Click HERE for more information or to register.
NEW CITY CATECHISM: Question 37
QUESTION: How does the Holy Spirit help us?
ANSWER*: The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin, comforts us, guides us, gives us spiritual gifts and the desire to obey God; and he enables us to pray and to understand God’s Word.
*Children’s answer is the bold text
OLD STORY NEW FAMILY DEVOTIONAL: 60
WEEKLY FIGHTER VERSE:
YOUTH DISCIPLESHIP: Thursdays @ 6:30pm
NEXT WEEK’S SERMON TEXT: Mark 2:23-28
KCC T-SHIRTS and Water Bottles
We still have KCC t-shirts available in several sizes for $10. There are also some KCC water bottles for $5. These can be purchased at the YMCA on Sunday mornings.
BIBLICAL COUNSELING at KCC
If you would like to explore meeting with one of our counselors, please fill out the contact form by clicking on the button below and we will try to match you with someone.
WE WOULD LOVE TO PRAY FOR YOU
We would love to pray for you! Some people think that only major crises of life are worth praying for, but the truth is that everyone needs prayer for something. James 4:2 says that we do not have because we do not ask, and when we do we often have false or impure motives. So the first step is to ask. So please come and let us pray for you in person at our Sunday worship gathering. Or, if you would like prayer now, just click the button below and fill out the form and we will pray for you.
- Give online by clicking on the “GIVE ONLINE” button which takes you to our secure transaction site.
- Text (888) 554-8664 to receive a link for you to give.
- Send your check or money order by mail, made out to King’s Cross Church, to the King’s Cross Church, 521 W. 2nd St., Defiance, OH 43512.
- Drop in giving box on Sundays at the YMCA.
- KCC Info – Text “@kccin” to the number 81010 to receive KCC text alerts and updates
- KCC LOOP – Click HERE to sign up for our weekly email