1 Corinthians 2:6-16 | Prayer of Illumination from George Herbert: O, make your Word a swift Word, passing from the ear to the heart,
from the heart to the life and conversation;
that, as the rain returns not empty, so neither may your Word, but accomplish that for which it is given. Amen. | We don’t come by God’s wisdom naturally but spiritually. | I. Wisdom Revealed (1 Cor. 2:6-11) | II. Wisdom Received (1 Cor. 2:12-16) | APPLICATION: 1. If you have God's Spirit, you can know God through His Word. | 2. Since the Spirit helps us comprehend God's Word, pray before reading it. | 3. Read and study the Bible, not merely books about the Bible. | 4. Proclaim the gospel and let the Spirit apply the gospel.
5 Reasons to Make a Habit of Eating this Book.
1. God's Word reveals His glory. (Eze. 1:28)
2. If you only eat our culture's opinions you will be irrelevant. If you eat up God's Word, you will have a prophetic voice. (Eze. 2:3-5)
3. We are frail, fearful people, and we need to hear God daily saying to us, "Fear not." (Eze. 2:6)
4. We don't drift toward obedience. (Eze. 2:7-8)
5. This book is sweet to those who acquire a taste for it. (Eze. 3:1-3)